Monday, February 8, 2010

GUESS WHAT THIS IS CALLED?



This is called the Bulldog!  A huge margarita with a Coronita as the garnish.  your supposed to drink the margarita first, and chase it with the beer.

                                               

We went for drinks on Saturday night at our newest Orange County find, Sol Cocina and Bar.
It's a Baja Mexican restaurant in Newport Beach, California.   The food is expensive, but its very fresh, and the street tacos are amazing, 2($6).  Our #1 favorite are the margaritas.  They are made with fresh squeezed juices, no pre-made mixes here, & top shelf tequila.  

The interior is beautiful.  They have a fire pit in the Bar & its located on the water.  It's something to see day or night.  It's a great place for friends or a romantic dinner, and it's a lot of fun.  The staff is so friendly.  


Coming from Michigan, we didn't have good mexican, now here in California, I can't get enough.  The margarita is my favorite drink of all.  

What's the food you never ate or drink that you never drink, but now do?  Any SoCal suggestions for yummy food & drinks?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

The margarita looks awesome! I've never seen anything like it, bars are so creative.

I definitely have to agree with you, Michigan LACKS good Mexican food. I just arrived back home today actually :) Grand Rapids/Kentwood. It's great to be home to see family, but adjusting to the 15 degree cold is another story! At least it's not snowing, just plenty of sun with cold.

gor(jess). said...

thats the coolest drink ever. now ima go on a hunt for it every place i go to lol

makeupbykatie said...

HAHAH my school mascot is a bulldog(=

Carlinn said...

That drink looks soooo cool! Yum!

glimmeringmetal said...

that drink cracked me up. why didnt i think of that before? The place looks cool I'll have to check it out when I'm out there

xoxocathy

Becka said...

Oooh that Margarita looks good! I have to say my favourite is Mojito.

That place looks amazing too. You got me craving some Mexican food now! Lol xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails