Friday, January 8, 2010

MAC WARM & COZY & MAC ALL RACES HAUL +swatches/thoughts on the Mac collection

These are the only 2 things I picked up from ALL the new collections.

Warm & Cozy - Milled Cider Eye Shadow

All Races, All Ages, All Sexes - All's Good Beauty Powder Blush

Milled Cider Swatch
All's Good Swatch
Milled Cider is really the only one that I thought looked different or showed up. Today I used it all over w/Carbon in the outer V, which was a quick & easy smokey eye. Is it a great color, no it's OK!

All's Good Blush I thought would be great for summer, a bronzer, or contour. The blush color is really pretty & smooth.

The rest of the collections were OK. I have so many dupable colors, & by Mac. The e/s are like all the rest of the collections, they hardly show up & very dry feeling & looking. The lipsticks all look alike from the collections. They look like colors I already own. The MSF's were so glittery, I love the thought of the MSF, but never use them, too shiny.

Mac in Lillyland collection was a beautiful idea, with some beautiful colors, but the execution, not so much. I really wanted the blush, but when I swirled it it came out looking like a yellow & green bruise on my face. The cream blushes were so pretty, but I am not a cream blush person. The same fore the lippies. The e/s hardly showed.

All in all, I could have passed on everything. The colors were pretty, but the permanent line is better quality & easily dupes what has come out. The eye shadows I am convinced are a cheaper quality. I asked the MUA why this was & she fell silent. Oh, after I told her I wasn't interested in the shade stick, she said,"yeah, they dry out way too fast."

So these are my thoughts & opinions. What do you think of the Mac Collection? Is there anything that really stands out to you?

7 comments:

Kell said...

i felt the same way you did. i was totally expecting to add so many items to my wish list and i saw them and was like "ehhhh i could totally live without these"..

kind of disappointing :(

xoxo

GiGi said...

@Kell Some of product colors didn't look like it would look good on anyone! Like the white blot powder, white!

Computergirl said...

I've not seen it in person, but I have only really heard of eople picking up 1-3 things.. and the rest is similar to older products. Looking forward to the next couple of collections though :)
Emma

GiGi said...

@ computer girl me too!

CherriesinSyrup said...

The blush is very flattering, really pretty color, can't wait to try this on.
XOXO from Brazil :)

Unknown said...

hey good stuff you got. I didnt even bother checking them out. I feel like they just create a dupe from their permanent line and put it in a really cute packaging.

by the way, i cant find the man who sells hot pot eyeshadows at the alleys :/

oh and thanks for stopping by and commenting. im loving my bangs :)

Iyah Love said...

I haven't bought anything from mac yet.. looks very pretty from the swatches :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails