Monday, January 11, 2010

REVLON PHOTOREADY FOUNDATION & POWDER HAUL

Rite-Aid is having a BOGO on Revlon this week. I ran out & bought the PhotoReady Foundation & Powder.
Color 005 Beige Natural
HD Powder Light Medium

First Impressions:
I Love Revlon Colorstay & I am a 300 Golden Beige. This foundation is Not like RevlonColorstay at all. The consistency is very thin & watery.

It's a medium coverage. It's very close to MUFE HD, but not Nars sheer glow. Its flat & looks matte. I don't see the dewy look at all. You can't really see the shimmer, but they are there in certain light. The foundation settles in the lines, that's a no, no!

The worst thing is the color selection. All the colors look like they could be Mac NW shades. I stood there forever, & I still think I am going to have to get the Nude color. I walked around the store in different light & I still had a hard time picking a color.

The powder I am indifferent on. It's not bad.

This is just day 2, but I am not sold on it at all yet!!

Have you tried this? What have you heard about this foundation? What color are you using?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the only time I'll ever wear revloms foundation again is if I'm vaca somewhere hot and humid. Revlon has bad flashback so it's not good for my pictures.

GiGi said...

@leslielovesmakeup You're right about the flashback! I think that's why I keep looking for one I like that takes good pic!

Stephanie said...

I'm curious abuot this foundation too! My favorite foundation is definitely the MUFE HD liquid foundation. I'm curious about the Revlon Photoready powder as well.

Picking a color at the drugstore is hard, but thank goodness for BOGO! :)

Sarah said...

I tried this at a store on bare skin but I couldn't really get to like it! I do however LOVE Colorstay so maybe I'll just stick with that for a little longer :)

em said...

thanks for the honest review! I love colourstay so I might stay away from this one!

ndoodles said...

NOPE, I'm skipping this foundation. It doesn't sound that amazing when I read people's reviews.

Anonymous said...

I used to use Revlon - but now that I've started with bare minerals, there is no turning back. Although I like Revlon, nothing has come close to as wonderful as BR. I have no breakouts from make-up, the coverage is great and you can wear it with the coverage you desire easily, and last but not least, when they claim to make your skin look better in just a few wears, they are not lying.

:)

Unknown said...

I've heard mixed reviews on this Revlon foundation. Very interesting! Great blog!! :)

a boss said...

I've been so curious about this makeup but I haven't found a review with the right shade match for me. BOGO is really tempting tho...Thanks for the review!

LoveLipstickandLime said...

I'm so glad you reviewed this foundation. Where I live, its still not available and I've made a point of driving to the store to check....three times already!! After reading your post, I'm not in a rush to get it. I really do like the ColorStay by Revlon. Thanks for our post. xxN

Related Posts with Thumbnails